Skip to content
Our organizational values shape how we work with our clients and the community. We’re proud to structure our workplace culture around the following personal and professional values.
With our clients:
- Client empowerment and choice is foremost in all that we do.
- Empowerment is acceptance of the person as a whole.
- Our client is the primary decision maker.
- We are partners with our clients in the service delivery process.
- Our clients deserve to be treated with dignity and respect at all times.
- Anything is possible.
- We should seek first to understand, and demonstrate active listening.
- We provide unconditional positive regard to our clients.
- We communicate openly and honestly with our clients.
- We maintain a team approach rather than Us/Them.
- We consider that our influence and support may be the only positive source of encouragement our clients experience.
With the public:
- We are pro-client at all times.
- We seek to educate and inform the public in order to bring light to a workforce that has been misrepresented and undervalued.
- We are professional and courteous at all times.
- We provide an invaluable resource to local businesses aiming to be more disability-friendly.
- We seek opportunities to collaborate with other programs and agencies as long as the partnership is congruent with our values.
- We dress and carry ourselves like professional adults.
- We communicate openly and honestly with one another.
- We refrain from reacting to other’s opinions, and seek to understand first through active listening and asking questions.
- We address team concerns ASAP.
- We resource and support one another at all times.
- We maintain an open mind.
- We acknowledge that no one of us has all of the information or the most experience, but we instead complement one another’s unique backgrounds, and we respect this at all times.